Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra Review

Zero false positives with 100% reliable solution

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this product is prevention, rather than just detections. The solution prevented most APT (advanced persistent threat) attacks at pre-execution stage.

How has it helped my organization?

With Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra, we don't have to worry about our endpoints or attacks. The endpoint security was always a concern for our company the previous solutions missed detections and prevention, The solution prevented all types of file less and scripts based attacks using its Machine learning and tunable machine learning which is additional layer on top of machine learning, behavior based detection and 30 layers of protection that Bitdefender has to offer at no additional cost.

What is most valuable?

The feature I find the most valuable the heuristic for malicious scripts and the component is called HyperDetect. This solution actually prevents file-less and script-based attacks at pre-execution where other solution such as Crowdstrike detects but not prevent. An example would be base 64 encoded Powershell script or command line .  With Bitdefender gravity zone ultra scripts are run into agent buffer before it execute to detect and block malicious script weather it is Powershell ,vbs , etc.

What needs improvement?

The EDR Graphical user interface has improved over the time and is intuitive and less noisy as compared to other solution. I would call the EDR as Next-Gen in it space. It has perfect mapping to Mitre Att&ck framework no other solution is has a rich EDR like Gravity zone ultra.

I have been using this Solution for more than 4 years

Bitdefender Gravityzone Ultra is 100% reliable.

It is highly scalable. It's cloud-based and you can deploy to thousands of machines with no issues. You can scale it as demand increases without any issues.

If you're going to scale, you will have to buy more licenses, which can take a few days.

I think there is room for improvement for technical support. Although they've been great, honestly, I do see a language barrier sometimes. I ran into a few issues with technical support. But, if you escalate your issue, you will eventually get the right person.

Before switching to Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra, we were using Trend Micro OfficeScan version XG.

The initial setup was not complicated. We were up and running within a day. It's all cloud-based and the deployment agent is easily deployed. The agent can be deployed from the console it self , using email download link , the agent can also be customize to needs , and had active directory integration.

The Bitdefender sales team is always willing to negotiate pricing and beat the deal from other vendors. They are highly competitive and eager to work with make pricing and licensing as smooth as possible.

Yes, before switching, we did evaluate several other options. We were looking for an exhibition product. So, we demoed a lot of different production cleaning solutions like VMware Carbon Black Cloud and CrowdStrike. Both were able to detect attacks but not prevent them, which was what we were looking for.

What other advice do I have?

Perfect solution , Please Test, Test and Test solution before buying, there is a lot of hype for Crowdstrike and other competitors but no one is even close to the prevention that Bitdefender gravity zone ulrta  could provide.

More Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,690 professionals have used our research since 2012.