CA EEM [EOL] Review

Valuable Features

It provides us with the ability to tap into Active Directory, or if we wanted to use it to just build a local store of users, we can do that as well.

It does what we ask it to do, which is basically to never go down. EEM is pretty strong and it's always there when we need it, but there is really no "wow" factor for me with EEM.

Improvements to My Organization

I think we have EEM because there are some components that we need. There'd be no reason to have EEM if we didn't have some of the other service management components like APM, Service Desk, and Process Automation.

It allows us to build links to different organization units from different Active Directory environments. It does what we need it to do, which is to make that connection to Active Directory.

Room for Improvement

I can't think of anything that could be improved, except for maybe the missing "wow" factor where we'd have it irrespective of the other CA products.

No issues deploying it.

EEM is always up, and very rarely do I have to get involved with an EEM machine. It offers a redundancy-type of thing where if I have a pair of EEM servers and one goes away, the other one is going to be there for any kind of authentication activity that it's called on to do.

We haven't had to look at it from a scalability standpoint, but we are definitely happy with the fact that we have been able to build out a full-tolerant environment.

The one or two times I've had to open up an issue, I've dealt with some people who have been good.

It was actually an educational experience, which was very much appreciated. The issue that I opened up, they worked with me and I actually got to learn some of the debugging techniques and that sort of thing.

It was easy.

Other Advice

It's always up and it's always there for me. To really use and configure EEM I think it's very important that you have is a pretty good knowledge of Active Directory.

EEM
Find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, Oracle, IBM and others in Identity Management (IM). Updated: June 2021.
509,570 professionals have used our research since 2012.