CA Endevor Software Change Manager Review

Defines test, pre-production and production environments. There is no concept of application and version management of these applications.

What is most valuable?

• Adaptable to respond to all customer needs: It is configuration management software. It retains all the components of a computer system. The entire application fabrication process is described in Endevor. It specifically defines all environments: testing environment, pre-production and production. The components follow the manufacturing process that are to be kept in the production reference.
  • History and components of application protection

How has it helped my organization?

• Traceability and the history of changes in applications
  • Monitoring and consistency in the application development process, from development to production implementation
  • The ease of the backspace

What needs improvement?

This software is made to keep the components' and change history. There is no concept of application and version management of these applications. It is in this area that it could be improved.

I have used this solution since 1997 in several companies with mainframes (banking, insurance, and pension funds).

There were malfunctions in earlier versions. The software has been stable in recent years.

Technical support is correct.

We did not previously use a different solution.

Implementation requires a good level of knowledge and expertise.

The license price is high, so big companies with a large information system can have this software.

I only know of three types of software that meet our needs. Endevor is the most widespread in France. LCM is not available in France.

What other advice do I have?

It is a very good choice, but it requires a good level of knowledge to implement. Call on experienced people to implement it.