CA Endevor Software Change Manager Review

A secure tool that does not lose elements.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are its security and its inability to not lose anything. We've been using it for 10 years at this company, and I used it previously for 17 years and I have never lost an element.

How has it helped my organization?

The way we have it implemented it, the developers really don't have to “work to make it work”. For example, they can take a COBOL program, hand it to Endevor, and the tool takes it, compiles it, and does everything it needs to do with it. They don't have to do any interactive work.

What needs improvement?

With the scrum teams that Pete McCullough is working on in the Endevor community, I really can't say what we would like. We make our inputs on a weekly basis and they work on it. Previous to this solution, we would hope and hope to get something and it would take forever, if we would get it at all. Now things are coming to fruition much faster. So there's really not anything that we're yearning for. It's coming true. I don't know what else I would suggest for improvement.

We've been using it for 10 years at this company, and I used it previously for 17 years.

The tool is extremely stable. In fact, our leadership often asks what Endevor is because they have never heard it. It never breaks. It never has any issues.

Scalability in our environment is pretty robust. We're able to change it on-the-fly whenever we need to. The upgrades are fairly simple. We just went through another upgrade and it was fairly simple.

They're very attentive and they respond rapidly to us. This is a good change from how it used to be for the last 5-6 years.

We were using a different solution. When I moved to the company, I realized that it was time to get on board with cutting edge technology and get out of the arcade toy world.

I was involved in setup. It was complex from the aspect that we were going from a different, core product. It was complex converting everything over to the libraries. But CA was very, very helpful in getting that work done for us.

What other advice do I have?

When selecting a vendor, check the quality of the tools, the stability, and most importantly, the customer response to issues.

Our short list was CA and IBM. IBM couldn't do what we wanted them to do, even though they told us that they could. So CA won hands down.

I've been in this world for quite a few years and I haven't seen anything that's even close to doing what Endevor does. Give me a call. I seriously recommend that you consider this solution. Talk to the techs at CA. Ask the CA reps to contact you. They can really give you solid advice.

1 visitor found this review helpful