CA Endevor Software Change Manager Review

​It helps us control what changes we are putting into production

What is our primary use case?

We use it to move our mainframe code through development to production. From a release perspective, my team oversees it, and we help manage that.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps us control what changes we are putting into production. From an audit perspective, just making sure everything is all in one place.

What is most valuable?

With the newer version, you can do a lot of the automation that you could not do in the past where you had to do manual stuff. Now, we are getting into automation, which makes my life a whole lot easier.

What needs improvement?

It is interesting because we are just starting to employ some of the new features. We just put a new version in last weekend.

I would like to see more of automation pieces. I think that is going to be where we need to go to make things faster to get to our customers.

More than five years.

It is the Cadillac of that tool. There is no other tool that matches it on the market today. It is the best, and it is very stable. It has never gone down.

It is very easy to work with, depending on how much you want to employ and how little you want to employ the product. As far as what you run through it, it can be little to huge, no problem. It can manage it.

I have not used the technical support.

There was nothing else on the market and we had to start managing our mainframe applications. This was the best way to do it.

I was not involved in the initial setup.

IBM. We chose CA because it was the Cadillac tool.

CA is the one that sets the pace for everybody else to follow. We have never had any problems with the tool.

What other advice do I have?

Definitely take a look at it. You can look at the other tools that are out there, but I do not think you are going to find anything better. Also CA's reputation, they back their product 100%.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: The fact that they are there when I need them. CA is definitely that.