CA Payment Security Suite Review
The valuable features are the security and protection it offers our customers. The one complaint is the lack of a mobile signal.

Video Review:

What is most valuable?

It's the security and protection it offers our customers. They trust it. I know sometimes people will say that verified by Visa can be an inconvenience, but our customers like to use it. They like to see it on the screen, so that is a big benefit for our customers.

What needs improvement?

Where we are based, we are very rural, so the mobile phone signal can be very poor. There's something like adding LTP to your landline would be perfect for a lot of our customers.

That's the one complaint we have had is the lack of mobile signal. They won't get their LTP so that would be a big step forward for us. It's something we've discussed with CA. They know that it's something we're interested in so hopefully we'll work with them on that in the future. That will be a big plus.

It's more the fact the mobile signal isn't that great and you've got to move with the times. SMS technology is the way to go. If there's something unique that we could offer our customers, that would give them the confidence in us as a business. That would really help.

Apart from that, I've got no negatives to say really. It's just if they could offer something specific for our customer base. That would be really good.

We have used this solution about five or six years now.

That's one of the things in the contract is the SLAs and they ticked the box every time. So I have no concerns around that whatsoever. They're spot on.

It has grown. We moved from the initial implementation to use LTPs just a year and a half ago so that was part of the same solution.

Again, that's been a big win with our customers and that is more scope for us to move on with regulation over the next year to a year and a half, so definitely CA offer what we need.

We don't get in touch with them that often because the service is so good. But the email contact is spot on. We get a quick turnaround.

We do get advised of upgrades well before anything happens. So far, with the limited touch point we've had with them, I can't fault them either.

That's a difficult one for me because I wasn't with the firm when implementing the first rollout. But the second phase was very good. The support that we got from the project side for the business was excellent.

I can only assume it was as good first phase. Otherwise we might have looked at other products or another solution. I haven't heard anything untoward about the first implementation.

What other advice do I have?

It depends on the scope and the size of your business. For us, being small, we're a small firm, Transaction Manager ticks our needs. But if you've got a bigger customer base, maybe more cards out there, maybe more fraud, CA can offer all the tools and technology that you need.

I would choose the tools that you want based on your customer needs, not your fraud loses. There's no point in spending thousands of pounds on a huge solution when actually one of the smaller solutions can meet your needs. We found that quite valuable for us.

It sounds funny, but when looking for a vendor, we've got to get on with the firm. We've got to have a similar culture to our business. Come and visit us. We're quite remote where we're based, so I think to come and have a face to face meeting, that's a big tick in the box without all these conference calls. If CA would do that for us, that's a big win.

We have to get on with the sales person and the project managers. We like the close relationship. That's part of our business is financial services. It's dealing with customers and we like that from our vendors as well. We like the close relationship. That's probably one of the biggest things we look for.