CA Workload Automation iDash Review

A solution that offers good performance that's mostly easy to manipulate

What is our primary use case?

We make large-sized architecture for our client.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very stable.

Once we solved the problem with the database memory, we were able to get telemetry parameters.

The solution is easy to manipulate and has good performance.

What needs improvement?

We have difficulties manipulating the agent for Windows. We also have many problems with memory databases and the preconditions do not work exactly how we want them to.

They should resolve the precondition and explore XML. We have explored XML, but it's not organized correctly.

I also want the solution to be open source because I think it needs much more development with other developers assisting in the process.

You should be able to link with more databases.

I've been using the solution for 1.5 years.

The solution is very stable, especially the latest version. You don't need to stop the products in the environment and use the upgrade. You can use the upgrade while the environment production is running. After that, it is really stable. It is a really good solution for big enterprises.

We make a big effort to analyze the problem and to share it with the community. We work with other engineers in other countries to find solutions for problems.

The initial setup was complex.

The information and configuration were really complex. It depends on the enterprise, however, and what you want from one automation. The installation point in Windows is more complex than Linux because the system, Windows, it is really complex. In Linux, you can use just the silent mode, you can make scripts and manipulate the right files.

It can provide many solutions. For example, you can do the installation to databases or create client databases. The installation in Linux is more simple than the Windows.

The number of people you need for maintenance depends on the size of the company. Whether you have 1,000 or 100 applications, you will need to automate engines with load balancing. And you will need agents for every server.

I recommend that small companies use just one license, one automation in which, every server application has the agent. For a big company, you should get three or four licenses.

I have heard that we had an intention to use Control-M. But, we opted for CA's automation because they have the potential to use many applications.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is really perfect for a big enterprise using more than 100 or 200 applications.

I would rate the solution eight out of ten.