CA Workload Automation iDash Review

An easy initial setup with scalability capabilities and good stability

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for scheduling.

What is most valuable?

The solution has a file transfer SCP plugin that is very good.

What needs improvement?

The solution should give commands in a mainly English perspective so that it's easier to configure in the future.

The technical support could be improved by removing delays in response times. They should be able to get back to clients faster.

If they offered automated migration in the future, that would be great.

I've been using the solution for the last four to five years.

The stability of the solution is good. We haven't experienced any bugs or glitches and we haven't had any crashes that I can recall.

The scalability of the solution is good.

We have close to 100 users on the solution currently.

We use the solution daily, weekly, and monthly, with a lot of batches happening on a daily basis.

The technical support offered is okay, but at times we find that responses can be delayed.

We've used a few different solutions in the past including CA Workload Animation ESP and Control-M.

The initial setup was easy. We found it quite straightforward. Migrations are also easy to handle as well.

I was not involved in the deployment, so I'm not sure how long it took.

We had the assistance of a few professionals that helped us manage our implementation.

I don't have an immediate comment on pricing as it's not something that I handle. My understanding is that it varies from enterprise licensing to individual department licensing.

What other advice do I have?

I'd recommend the solution. As long as the migration from other software to this one is made easy, it would be good to switch.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.