Check Point IPS Review

Good IPS functionality and firewall functionality but overall detection is lacking

What is most valuable?

The solution's IPS functionality and firewall functionality are the solution's most valuable features.

What needs improvement?

The detection needs improvement. We fear that it doesn't detect everything that we want to see.

The solution needs enhanced reporting. The reporting on Cisco Stealthwatch and Darktrace is much bigger. The visibility that they grant for the filtering capabilities over large infrastructures are far superior.

I've been using the solution for one year.

The stability of the solution is good. We've never had any issues.

Scalability is very good.

We run a very large network. It was really easy to cover the full traffic flow. We just don't know about the reporting aspect - on whether it sees all the traffic that we want to capture. I'm unsure if we will increase usage in the near future as we're currently moving away from the product.

Technical support is okay. I'd rate it seven out of ten. Our biggest complaint is that they are rather slow.

We weren't previously using a different product.

I wasn't involved in the initial setup.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model.

We're still in the process of evaluating options. We're doing a POC with Cisco and Darktrace and are moving away from Check Point.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten.

More Check Point IPS reviews from users