Cisco Data Center Network Manager Review

Network monitoring is straightforward and the program is really easy to use

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for system network monitoring. We also use it for the implementation of Cisco projects and for gateway documents. We recently did a big implementation, and we did most of the features and configuration through Cisco Data Center Network Manager. So we are basically using this product to implement another one.

What is most valuable?

I like that is easy to work on and straightforward.

What needs improvement?

The configuration is too complicated and you have to create templates and use a lot of menus. They need to make it simpler.

I have been using the solution for two years now.

We've tried the maximum scalability and it is really scalable. We've had no problems.

Whenever we have any cases we are dire to commit to, we use Cisco's technical support. They are very good.

We normally use Cisco products, like Cisco Management. I have a variance with SolarWinds and EIGRP (Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol). But we try to choose the same product from the same window from Cisco, and now we are trying to provide the same network for the management.

The initial setup was really straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

This solution is the easiest and most straightforward. We would recommend it for sure. I would like to see more product devices and have the full software to the Data Center Management product to purchase. This is because the Data Center Network Manager doesn't support every product of Cisco. On a scale from one to 10, I would rate Cisco Data Center Network Manager an eight because there is room for improvement.

More Cisco Data Center Network Manager reviews from users