Cisco Enterprise Routers Review

Stable, scalable, and the setup wizard makes for a straightforward initial setup

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and we offer Cisco equipment, including their Enterprise Routers

These routers are primarily for internet edge connectivity, as well as wide area network connectivity.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are stability and features supported on these series.

What needs improvement?

These routers are not easy to use for non-professional users, so simplification is something that would improve this product. Having a well-designed graphical user interface would make this product easier to use.

I have been using Cisco Enterprise Routers for more than 15 years.

Cisco Enterprise Routers are stable.

This is a scalable product.

Technical support is good, although it depends on your service agreement with Cisco.

The initial setup is straightforward. It has a setup wizard that can guide you through the very basic settings such as IP addresses, usernames, and passwords.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good product and I will definitely continue to offer Cisco equipment to my customers in the future.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

ISR-G1, ISR-G2
More Cisco Enterprise Routers reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Juniper Enterprise Routers
Learn what your peers think about Cisco Enterprise Routers. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
501,151 professionals have used our research since 2012.