Cisco Enterprise Routers Review

A reliable product that you can set up and leave alone

What is most valuable?

The best part is that once you set up Cisco routers, you just leave them alone. You don't have to do much unless you have to change the configuration. We hardly have issues with Cisco equipment and I believe that reliability is the best part of Cisco.

What needs improvement?

Compared to equipment by other vendors, such as Check Point, the physical size of the units is bigger. A smaller footprint would be an improvement.

We sometimes experience delays when a router is processing that requires us to reboot it.

I have been working with Cisco Enterprise Routers for more than 20 years.

Cisco's equipment is stable.

This is a scalable product and we have a couple of hundred users.

The initial setup was pretty straightforward. We have Cisco certified engineers here, and they take care of that. The deployment takes maybe a couple of hours, and we're done.

We have an in-house team of four or five people who deploy and maintain our products, including this one.

What other advice do I have?

This is definitely a product that I can recommend to others.

More Cisco Enterprise Routers reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Juniper Enterprise Routers
Learn what your peers think about Cisco Enterprise Routers. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
535,544 professionals have used our research since 2012.