Cisco Enterprise Routers Review

A stable and scalable enterprise router

What is our primary use case?

What we do is build a private point and then connect to the Internet. It's basically a dynamic multipoint virtual VPN.

What is most valuable?

I think Cisco Enterprise Routers are excellent.

What needs improvement?

The price could be better. This product is already at the end of life stage, but if they continue to make this kind of product, they should make it affordable. All the new releases come with little flexibility and are expensive.

In the next release, it would be helpful if they put some features like antivirus inside the router.

I have been using Cisco Enterprise Routers for more than three years.

It's a stable product.

Cisco Enterprise Routers are scalable, but it can be challenging to integrate with some other devices.

Their support is very good.

The initial setup is easy and took us less than an hour to deploy.

My team implemented it. The number of people you need to implement and maintain the solution depends on the project. For example, we can preload the router and add a file. But we still need someone like an engineer to plug or unplug the server. Typically, it takes about one or two people to do it.

It's quite expensive for small businesses.

What other advice do I have?

I will recommend this product to new users.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Cisco Enterprise Routers a ten.

More Cisco Enterprise Routers reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Juniper Enterprise Routers
Learn what your peers think about Cisco Enterprise Routers. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
479,763 professionals have used our research since 2012.