Cisco ISE (Identity Services Engine) Review

Compatible with Microsoft products and offers advanced firewall support

What is our primary use case?

We use Cisco ISE for network management, user access for enterprise clients, and advanced firewall support. We use Cisco ISE on domains and clients jointly with other network software utilities.

How has it helped my organization?

We use Cisco ISE as our main controller for the management of clients that need to join our network.

What is most valuable?

The best feature of the Cisco ISE platform is that it is compatible with Microsoft products.

What needs improvement?

Cisco ISE is complex. The deployment and design of networks with it is so complex. If it could change it would be better.

It needs a better solution for reduced complexity.

I think to add more people to four-thousand users is going to be hard. Cisco needs to make it easier to add more people.

We have been using the solution for three years.

The Cisco ISE platform is stable.

On our network, we use Cisco ISE as a platform utility to support three thousand users.

The initial setup of the Cisco ISE platform was complex and the deployment was also difficult.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would rate Cisco ISE an eight because the server is so complex. Cisco needs to re-program or re-issue it and release a new version with more adequate sizing for small businesses.