Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches Review

Reasonably priced with good virtualization and micro-segmentation features

What is our primary use case?

We are an IT company and we configure these switches for our clients. The environment varies depending on the client and their requirements.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are virtualization and micro-segmentation.

What needs improvement?

The user interface needs a lot of improvement.

The enterprise-level and data center products need to be improved.

The command-line interface could be more user-friendly.

I have been working with Linksys Ethernet switches for the past 14 years.

Linksys switches are pretty stable.

With respect to scalability, some features such as stacking are missing. Linksys has to work on this technology, especially for a scalable stack. This product is best suited to home users and small offices.

I have never had to contact technical support directly. I have been able to configure these devices using the administration guide.

I have worked with multiple switches from multiple vendors. These include Cisco enterprise-level switches like the Catalyst and the 6500 series. I have worked with Acer routers, HP enterprise-level switches, Dell S-series and N-series, Juniper's MX series routers and EX series switches, and Huawei's S-Series switches and NE-Series routers.

This product is very easy to deploy and any home user can do it. For the typical home user, I don't think that it would take more than a day to set up and deploy.

The price of Linksys products is pretty reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is considering this product is that it is well-suited for home uses and small businesses. My only complaints are about the user interface and the stacking capabilities.

More Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches reviews from users
...who work at a Aerospace/Defense Firm
...who compared it with Cisco Ethernet Switches
Learn what your peers think about Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
511,773 professionals have used our research since 2012.