Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches Overview

Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches is the #7 ranked solution in our list of top Ethernet Switches. It is most often compared to NETGEAR Switches: Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches vs NETGEAR Switches

What is Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches?
Linksys Ethernet Switches bring greater reliability and coverage to your home network.

Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches is also known as Linksys Ethernet Switches.

Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches Buyer's Guide

Download the Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2021

Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches Customers
Linz AG
Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches pricing:
  • "The licensing cost is not bad and is actually very competitive within the product category."
  • "It's an affordable price for small companies using on-premises networks where cloud services are too expensive for them."
  • "I think that pricing should be more competitive. While the Cisco product is good, the pricing is not competitive. People will end up going with other cheaper solutions such as Arista."
  • "If you look at the product portfolio from Cisco, it's quite expensive."
  • "They are cheaper than Cisco Catalyst Switches."
  • "Cisco switches are a little expensive when it comes to the price."

Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches Reviews

Akram Khan
Director of Information Technology at UniTeller Financial Services
Aug 26, 2020
Easy-to-use, with great product support, this versatile, mature product is a multi-faceted solution

What is our primary use case?

I have been in so many situations using this product it is hard to choose a primary use. I have worked for many companies, so we have used them as access switches, we have used them as distribution switches, we have used them as IDF (Intermediate Distribution Frame) closets for floor switches. We have used them as code switches and clusters and chassis. I have gone through using all the different versions of switches in many scenarios, like remote offices, access to quotas for distribution. I have used the switches on every level and in exhaustive possibilities.

• "Ease-of-use and ease-of-management are good qualities of this product."
  • "The Cisco user interfaces can be difficult to use and maintain."

What other advice do I have?

The advice I would offer to others in implementing Cisco Lynksys Switches is that somebody on the team has to be well aware of basic networking and how the search network works. That will make them easier to use and implement. On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate the Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches depending on the class. For example, I think the Cisco 9300s are almost an eight-out-of-ten.
reviewer1414992
DGM Programming at a energy/utilities company with 10,001+ employees
Sep 14, 2020
Reliable hardware that does its job so you can do yours

What is our primary use case?

In our environment, we are using Cisco switches in Visio clusters. We are using Dell servers, and we are using Dell Precision workstations. I do not remember the model number of the Cisco switches. We are using the Cisco network series of switches and they are the L2 class. I think they are the 2960 series of switches. At present, our company policy does not allow us to host any of our data on the public cloud. We are revising the information security policy. Until this new policy comes into effect, we will not be able to go into the public cloud. In the end, the switches will continue to be a… more »

• "My work is able to continue because the switches are reliable."
  • "The simplicity of management could be improved so the object-based switch management is possible."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this product for other users who want to start using it. We do not have anything negative to say about the product and it has been serving us well. There would be no reason not to recommend it. On a scale from one to ten (where one is the worst and ten is the best), I would rate this product from my perspective as a nine-out-of-ten. It would be very difficult for me to give it a higher rating. There are parts of it that can be improved.
Learn what your peers think about Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
455,301 professionals have used our research since 2012.
reviewer1205820
Managing Director
Nov 3, 2019
Affordable for small business, stable, and runs without Interruptions

What is our primary use case?

We have used this solution mostly for small businesses. The primary use case of this solution is for connecting computers to a network.

• "This solution is stable it runs without any interruptions."
  • "Scalability-wise, this solution is not designed for small businesses."

What other advice do I have?

Linksys is still on the market, but it's more Cisco now. It all depends on the customer's needs and budget. The problem is the Java installation because most of them rely on Java, and that is the problem with all devices. If you want a new modern dashboard or management utility, you have to replace the devices. It's not easy to improve all of the functionalities, and there are new devices on the market. It cannot be changed and we understand that. Some devices have more features than what the customer needs or can use. The computers are more powerful than the capabilities of the ordinary user…
reviewer1233816
Security Consultant with 51-200 employees
Nov 28, 2019
Support for segmenting network into zones, but the price needs to be more competitive

What is our primary use case?

We don't do the deployment in our environment, we are consulting. Our clients use this solution for the logical segmentation of the network to the access layer, and remote log switches. They can also deploy the switches.

• "it's a stable solution. We have not experienced any bugs or issues. Many data centers and enterprise data centers prefer Cisco to any other product because they are very stable."
  • "The drawbacks come from support. The tools are rare, but to find someone knowledgeable with Cisco, is a problem."

What other advice do I have?

If you want to be a Cisco master you need to have a good understanding of the command line and how to use it, which is difficult for some administrators. Many people would prefer solutions that you can configure through a GUI. It is easier to configure an SPC as opposed to a Cisco switch. People are finding alternative solutions because of the price. The same happened with Firewall landscapes, people are moving away from checkpoint and Cisco and going with Juniper or FortiGate, because of the pricing and licensing model. I would suggest that people continuously upskill themselves to remain…
Marius Pretorius
Enterprise Architect at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Nov 6, 2019
It is extremely stable and the setup is fast and straightforward

• "The stability of the program is excellent."
  • "In the next release I would really love to see a list option."

What other advice do I have?

Cisco is absolutely the very best in its class. It's a no-nonsense type of solution. It's really a matter of taking it out of the box, setting it up and be up and running in no time. And you know you can walk away with confidence, knowing that the solution will work. There will be no hiccups, bugs, bug fixes, nothing. It's a simple solution that works every time. On a scale from one to 10, I would rate it a 10. I really love this solution. In the next release, I would really love to see a list option. Cisco currently has various feature seats that the customer can choose from. I would really…
reviewer1430862
Access Network Operations Unit Manager at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
Oct 18, 2020
Straightforward to set up, and works well for our network core and distribution layers

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for the core and distribution layers. It's used for normal switching and access. We are only using it with the data center model to have a distribution layer, core layer, and access layer.

• "Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches are pretty good overall."
  • "We are expecting one software that can run across all of Cisco hardware, software, and Cisco Switch router, similar to what Juniper has."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches for anyone who is interested in using this solution. I would rate Cisco switches a seven out of ten.
Ermal Galo
Information Security Officer at a financial services firm with 201-500 employees
Dec 14, 2020
Good for connecting users and very stable, but their performance needs to be improved

What is our primary use case?

We use these switches only as access switches to connect end users. We mostly use Cisco for all of our infrastructure, so these switches are used everywhere as access switches.

• "They are good for connecting users. These switches are very stable. We have been using them for three years, and we haven't had any problems."
  • "Their performance should be improved."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend these switches to others. We plan to keep using them. I would rate Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches a seven out of ten. We are happy with them.
reviewer1249998
Technical Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Dec 24, 2019
A robust solution for networking that can scale easily

What is our primary use case?

We are a tech services company and this is one of the solutions that we provide to our customers. The primary use case for Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches is for networking in a data center, or campus networking.

• "The most valuable feature of Cisco routers is that they are robust."
  • "Having the option for a web-based interface would be an improvement over being forced to use the CLI."

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anyone who is considering this type of solution is to first consider the budget. Dell switches are cheaper and they do almost the same thing as Cisco. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
See 16 more Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches Reviews
Product Categories
Ethernet Switches
Download our free Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.