Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches Review

Good for connecting users and very stable, but their performance needs to be improved

What is our primary use case?

We use these switches only as access switches to connect end users. We mostly use Cisco for all of our infrastructure, so these switches are used everywhere as access switches.

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

They are good for connecting users. These switches are very stable. We have been using them for three years, and we haven't had any problems.

Having 48 POE ports is a very good feature

What needs improvement?

Their performance should be improved.

I have been using this solution for three years.

They are very stable. We had to do a restart once in six months or one year, but it's not a problem.

We only use them for connecting users. We have about 200 users.

I have opened a case with them for the FirePOWER services, not for Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches, and this is the first time that I haven't got a response. It has been a week since I've sent the request, which was just a question, but I haven't got any response so far. For the previous cases that I had with tech support, they were very quick.

We also use Cisco Catalyst Switches. Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches require a lot of work as compared to Cisco Catalyst Switches. Cisco Catalyst Switches are much better and more expensive than Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches.

If you have experience in working with Cisco solutions, the initial setup is easy. Otherwise, it may be complicated.

The deployment doesn't take a long time. We already have the guidelines, and we have been doing it and using Cisco for a long time. It usually takes a maximum of one hour to configure the switches. Two people will be enough for deploying these switches.

They are cheaper than Cisco Catalyst Switches.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend these switches to others. We plan to keep using them.

I would rate Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches a seven out of ten. We are happy with them.

SS350
More Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches reviews from users
...who work at a Aerospace/Defense Firm
...who compared it with Cisco Ethernet Switches
Learn what your peers think about Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.