Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches Review

Stable and flexible with pretty good pricing

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution to design campus-wide networks. We use the solution for low-cost ethernet connections. We use them from the routing ports.

What is most valuable?

The cost of the solution is very low.

The solution is very flexible.

It's quite stable.

It's very easy to install the solution.

Technical support has been very good.

What needs improvement?

You do need a bit of knowledge about the solution. There's a small learning curve involved when implementing the product.

While the pricing is pretty good, it could always be a bit less expensive. If you look at HPE, for example, it offers very competitive pricing. If they want to compete they should ty to do so by matching that pricing.

Occasionally, if the temperatures are too high, it initiates a reboot.

The capacity of the switches could be a bit better.

We've been using the solution for a few small projects for a while.

The stability of the solution is excellent. There aren't really any issues. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's not buggy. It's reliable.

We've dealt with technical support in the past and have found them to be quite good. They're reliable and helpful. We're satisfied with the service they offer.

We use Meraki switches as well.

The setup is not complex at all. It's very easy. We didn't have any issues deploying the solution across our network.

That said, you do need proper knowledge of the product before you begin deployment. It's much better if you know what you are doing before you begin implementation.

YOu only really need two to three users for deployment and maintenance.

The pricing is pretty good. It's a fairly low-cost option. We find the licensing reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We've been largely happy with the product and how it operates.

More Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches reviews from users
...who work at a Aerospace/Defense Firm
...who compared it with Cisco Ethernet Switches
Learn what your peers think about Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.