Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches Review

Full comparability across the network, feature rich, and highly reliable

What is our primary use case?

My company uses the solutions as a traditional network switch.

What is most valuable?

I have found the solution has great standards and compatibility across all vendors. I learned Cisco command and configuration in university and this is why this solution is easy to use for me than other vendors' devices. There are plenty of standard features that are available and the solution is secure.

I have been using the solution for seven years.

The solution is extremely stable and reliable. I have some Cisco devices that have been operating and fully functional for 10 years without any issues.

We have approximately 300 branches across the country that has many thousands using the solution.

The installation was easy. There are many phases of the install process. First I had to prepare a configuration template in the workplace for the networking team. I can use this configuration template to deploy a lot of Linksys solutions. I know where, when, and how to lead these deployments to have a properly configured Cisco solution. If I have a configuration template it only takes approximately 30 minutes to load and configure the devices. At this point, the device needs to be taken to where it can be installed, this can take approximately 10 minutes. The length of time is dependant on the environment of the install. For example, what types of location is it being installed in and the complexity of cable wiring in each branch of the router.

There can be limited features for the solution based on the pricing of the package you choose. You will need to pay more to get more performance. However, the router can perform even better with certain extra costs. For example, if you can perform 200 Mbps throughput but I want a 1 Gbps throughput, I have to pay more or purchase more licenses. Additionally, If I want to use the SD-WAN feature, I have to purchase a different license and install the operating license. Sometimes the budgets do not fit all these types of upgrades that become expensive.

We are on a yearly license for this solution. We have a procurement process in which we have to plan ahead one to two years. We have to determine which branches have to support the data communication network and have a proposal for the future to be agreed upon. If no agreement is made, then we have to continue the procurement process for an eventual successful agreement in the future.

I was evaluating the SD-WAN solution from many vendors. The SD-WAN solution is going to have better features and will benefit in the future. I do not think we could ascertain the solution without a high budget. Many vendors offer the solution, such as Cisco.

What other advice do I have?

Cisco is well-known, reliable, and stable for networking solutions. I am going to continue to use this solution. However, I will also use some other vendor devices that have some features that Cisco might not be able to support. 90% of my private network is using Cisco devices with other solutions.

I would recommend this solution to others. Overall this is the best solution but the price is a little high.

I rate Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches an eight out of ten.

4400
More Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Cisco Ethernet Switches
Learn what your peers think about Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
535,015 professionals have used our research since 2012.