Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches Review

Stable, reliable, and offers good upgrades

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to link our three locals that are in different places. They connect to similar networks. It works with data and voice as well. I'm not exactly sure of the details there as that service is supplied by our operator.

What is most valuable?

The solution offers good upgrades. In the past, we had issues with voice communications, and they did some updates that removed the problem. Now, it's much better.

The product is quite stable and reliable.

Technical support is very helpful and responsive.

What needs improvement?

We would like Cisco to make it easier to work with them. We'd prefer if the product, in general, was easier to use. It can be a bit difficult.

Although I didn't directly handle the implementation, the process does not look easy.

The product is a holdout from our old communications operator. The operator has worked with us since 1990.

We have found the stability to be excellent. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's been great.

The solution might be salable. I'm not sure due to the fact that it's not our responsibility. It's the responsibility of our operator, and therefore we don't have all details. We only want everything to work. We don't necessarily care about the details per se. They take on most of the responsibilities in that sense.

We have about 60 users on the solution at this time.

We do not have plans to increase usage right now.

I've had good experiences with technical support. they respond in a timely manner and are very helpful. We're satisfied with the level of attention we get when we need help.

I did not directly handle the initial setup. However, from the outside, it did look like it was rather complex and difficult. It didn't strike me as being straightforward or simple.

I'm not sure how long the deployment actually took.

We don't really have anyone on our team that directly handles maintenance.

I cannot directly speak to the costs or the licensing agreements that are in place. That's something our supplier deals with. I don't have a real sense of how it works. It's not part of my responsibility.

What other advice do I have?

I'm not 100% certain that we are using the latest version of the solution. It might be an older one.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We've largely been quite happy with its capabilities so far.

I'd recommend it to other users and organizations.

More Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Cisco Ethernet Switches
Learn what your peers think about Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,053 professionals have used our research since 2012.