Cisco Stealthwatch Review

Deploying this solution has shown us how poor our previous network monitoring coverage was

What is our primary use case?

This is a security solution for us and our customers. We use it for port monitoring aggregation and doing captures.

What needs improvement?

We had some trouble with the installation as we migrated from our previous solution.

Three months.

It has been pretty stable since we deployed it, and everything seems to be working fine.

That scalability seems to be ok, although we did have some concerns. Potentially, we are going to be looking at 100-gigabit links, and the version of the solution that we deployed does not support that. That is a long-term concern, rather than an immediate one.

We had some technical questions when we were doing the initial deployment, and they were very good in helping us with that.

Prior to this solution, we used an ad-hoc, internal system. We knew that it had to be replaced because it was not passing the audit as per our set standards. Ultimately, that drove us to look for a more standardized solution.

The initial setup for this solution was fairly complex. This was, in part, because of where we placed it in our network and the removal of our old system. It involved mapping it from the old to new so that it will be able to maintain the same functionality in our network.

We used an integrator to assist with the implementation.

Cisco is our biggest primary vendor, so it was an easy go-to for this solution.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing this solution is to engage with an integrator or somebody who is familiar with it, or deploying it. This will make everything easier in terms of setting it up.

This solution is doing everything that we want, and my only complaint is in regards to the quirks during installation.