Cisco Stealthwatch Review

Has significantly increased our network visibility and threat detection rate

What is our primary use case?

Our primary uses for this solution are threat management and traffic management.

How has it helped my organization?

Our network visibility is pretty significant right now, where we use it within our data centers and even on the OT side of the house. It’s given us pretty good visibility.

This solution has increased our threat detection rate by forty to sixty percent.

Using this solution has helped us to improve threat-remediation timeframe.

It has reduced your incident response time. We use the solution's encrypted traffic analytics. It has significantly improved our capabilities.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of this solution are the logging, keeping threats under control, and keeping our data and environment secure.

What needs improvement?

It is time-consuming to set it up and understand how the tool works.

Still implementing.

In our environment, the way we've implemented in phases, the stability is good.

We're going to be looking at this, and I'm hoping that it is scalable across our environment.

I would rate the technical support for this solution extremely well. The professional services have been really good for us.

We did not use another solution prior to this one, and we choose this solution based on Cisco's recommendation after they reviewed our requirements.

The initial setup of this solution is complex. it wasn't necessarily the tool that was complex, but the environment. It had to do with the way our network is and the requirements that we needed to be implemented. This is where the complexity came from.

We had a partner to assist us with the deployment.

Cisco was the only vendor that we considered for this solution.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing this solution is to have your requirements identified very clearly before you start.

The analytics and threat detection capabilities are pretty extensive. We still need to use other tools and mechanisms to analyze data, but it does the job that we’re looking for.