Cisco Stealthwatch Review

Generates helpful graphical analytics for mobile data

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for NetFlow statistics.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution allows us to be more agile when it comes to troubleshooting our NetFlow and our network systems.

Using the Cognitive Analytics feature, we have complete visibility that we didn’t have before. We have a higher level of visibility for our systems and structures.

It has reduced our incident response time.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the graphical analytics that it provides for mobile data.

The solution's analytics and threat detection capabilities are fantastic.

What needs improvement?

The initial setup is complex, as there is a lot to configure.

It's a rock-solid solution and we do a lot with it.

We bought the biggest box there is, so it's as big as it's going to get.

Technical support is good, although we haven't had any issues.

We switched because we were doing network segmentation and the Cisco program that we were enrolled in required Stealthwatch to be embedded into our core.

The initial setup of this solution is complex. There is a lot to configure, and we're a big university so there is a lot of work that needed to be done.

We bought this solution through three different resellers and the experience was great.

We evaluated Plixer, but half of our medical center was already very familiar with Stealthwatch so it was an easy transition for us.

The vendors on our shortlist were ePlus and First Light. We split the load between them.

What other advice do I have?

My suggestion for people researching this type of solution is to look at Stealthwatch because there is a lot of analytics and a lot of tools.

This is a solid solution, and a necessary tool to add insight into our network.