Citrix NetScaler Unified Gateway Review

Offers good web app support but the dashboard should be more clear in reporting issues

What is our primary use case?

We use Citrix NetScaler as a WAF gateway to protect web applications, with Multi-tenancy. We have also enabled SSLVPN ( Remote access ) and Mobile Device management on the same solution.

What is most valuable?

The features that we have found most valuable are the web app support and VPN.

What needs improvement?

Citrix NetScaler is something that connects the deployment. To improve:

• The interface should be more user-friendly.
  • Integration with other applications must improve.
  • They should provide training videos.
  • The product needs to have a good dashboard.

It's too early to say how the product can improve because I just implemented it.

The dashboard or interface should be more clear in reporting issues. Integration with other applications should be more user-friendly.

I would rate the stability of Citrix Netscaler an eight out of 10.

I would rate the scalability of Citrix Netscaler an eight out of 10.

We want Citrix to do their support level at a higher standard. They should provide some training videos for us.

We used Barracuda. We switched from Barracuda because Citrix offered better features and scalability.

The initial setup was complex to install. It took almost three weeks.

We used a reseller. Our experience with them was not bad. It was standard and issue-free.

The ROI will depend on the business model.

We have an annual license.

We also evaluated F5 and Barracuda WAF.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend to other people to implement this product. Use Citrix Netscaler. It is 100%. Otherwise, I would give only a five or six out of 10 for the product.