4c gray text

Cloudflare Review
Even if it can’t handle very large-scale attacks, DDoS protection is easier with CloudFlare as a primary shield.

Valuable Features:

DDoS protection is this product’s most valuable feature. Even if it can’t handle very large-scale attacks, protection is easier having CloudFlare as a primary shield.

If you choose to do so, you can use their DNS servers. Because DNS amplification is also a vector of attack, this is one more optional feature you can delegate to CloudFlare at no additional cost.

Improvements to My Organization:

It allows us to have a backup in case Incapsula has issues.

Room for Improvement:

I would like to not need a separate server for non-www redirection under the CNAME setup option. With Incapsula, they simply tell me to point the non-www records to the servers they tell me and they take care of the non-www redirection. In CloudFlare's case, I need to get an external server, set up the redirection there using Apache or NGINX and put my own SSL certificates there.

Use of Solution:

I have used it for one year.

Stability Issues:

I have not encountered any stability issues.

Scalability Issues:

I have not encountered any scalability issues.

Technical support is 10/10.

Previous Solutions:

We previously used pretty much all solutions. In some cases, Incapsula is better; in others, CloudFlare is.

Initial Setup:

We were used to the CNAME setup. Initially, this was not offered but now it is. The only issue is handling the non-www redirections that, with CNAME setup, requires us to use an external server. (Incapsula does not.)

Cost and Licensing Advice:

Pricing and licensing is standard when compared to its competitors.

Other Advice:

Don’t hesitate to contact support; they answer very quickly.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Cloudflare?

Our experts can help. 213,874 professionals have used our research on 5,586 solutions.