4c gray text

Cloudflare Review
Even if it can’t handle very large-scale attacks, DDoS protection is easier with CloudFlare as a primary shield.

Valuable Features

DDoS protection is this product’s most valuable feature. Even if it can’t handle very large-scale attacks, protection is easier having CloudFlare as a primary shield.

If you choose to do so, you can use their DNS servers. Because DNS amplification is also a vector of attack, this is one more optional feature you can delegate to CloudFlare at no additional cost.

Improvements to My Organization

It allows us to have a backup in case Incapsula has issues.

Room for Improvement

I would like to not need a separate server for non-www redirection under the CNAME setup option. With Incapsula, they simply tell me to point the non-www records to the servers they tell me and they take care of the non-www redirection. In CloudFlare's case, I need to get an external server, set up the redirection there using Apache or NGINX and put my own SSL certificates there.

Use of Solution

I have used it for one year.

I have not encountered any stability issues.

I have not encountered any scalability issues.

Technical support is 10/10.

We previously used pretty much all solutions. In some cases, Incapsula is better; in others, CloudFlare is.

We were used to the CNAME setup. Initially, this was not offered but now it is. The only issue is handling the non-www redirections that, with CNAME setup, requires us to use an external server. (Incapsula does not.)

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Pricing and licensing is standard when compared to its competitors.

Other Advice

Don’t hesitate to contact support; they answer very quickly.