Cloudflare Review

Page rules help shape traffic to the appropriate pages.

What is most valuable?

• Caching: Caching helps save bandwidth with the CloudFlare CDN
  • Page rules: Page rules help shape traffic to the appropriate pages.

How has it helped my organization?

CloudFlare's caching brings the load speed down from 4.32 seconds to 2.45 seconds.

What needs improvement?

The Always Online feature has room for improvement. It seems to work sometimes and not others even with the pro version.

The feature shows a cached version of your live site if your host is offline. When your site is offline CloudFlare shows this:

We moved our DNS to CloudFlare about three years ago.

I have not encountered any stability issues; the platform is rock solid.

I have not encountered any scalability issues; moving to the pro version was a simple as a click.

Technical support is 10/10. Our one call about a caching issue was easily fixed and it turned out to be a problem we caused, not CloudFlare.

We used our own name servers and Snort. We switched due to simplicity of the CloudFlare interface.

Initial setup was straightforward. CloudFlare's setup wizards made it easy.

Start with the free plan and move up as needed. It was easy to upgrade and downgrade.

We looked at GoDaddy DNS and Amazon DNS services. After reading the reviews online, we jumped to CloudFlare.

What other advice do I have?

Give it a shot. The setup was easy and you can see the results right away.

1 Comment
Aum e HaniReal User

Nice Review Mr. Matthew!
I agree to the Room for Improvement you provided. Should be considered by the Cloudflare community.

04 May 17