4c gray text

Cloudflare Review
Allows you to create various sub-domains and A-record management.

Valuable Features:

• Provides a very easy DNS management: Allows you to create various sub-domains and A-record management
  • Handy interface with one-click to switch the service on and off
  • Global coverage supports the DNS queries with its load balancing feature
  • Helps to secure your web from DDoS attacks and unwanted bots
  • Has a very user-friendly interface to handle the allowed IPs if you need to bypass/block any particular region or identified bots.
  • Web optimization features such as ‘Automatic Content Caching’, ‘Rocket Loader’, and ‘AutoMinify’,  which help to minimize the website loading time and increase the website response.

Improvements to My Organization:

• We use the DNS management for all of our domains. It brings all websites under the umbrella of CloudFlare.
  • We no longer require any other security levels, as all websites under CloudFlare wrappers are secure with DDoS protection.
  • We do not need to implement complex caching techniques as the CloudFlare content caching helps to minimize the website load time.

Room for Improvement:

For DDoS protection and website downtime, it would be nice to have a feature to provide email/SMS alerts that can be implemented like Pingdom and other solutions.

Use of Solution:

I implemented these solutions in 2013.

Stability Issues:

I did not encounter any stability issues.

Scalability Issues:

I have not yet encountered any scalability issues.

Until now, I didn’t require much technical support. I try to find any help by myself through the interface.

Previous Solutions:

I did not use any previous solution. In fact, I searched for a few and selected CloudFlare.

Initial Setup:

The product is very straightforward and simple to implement. Those are the main reasons for using it.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

I haven’t gone through the other pricing plans. For the services I am using, it is a bit expensive. It is worth the price when you weight it against time and cost.

Other Solutions Considered:

Before selecting CloudFlare, we looked at Amazon products. Although AWS provides a range of services and is a standardized platform, I found CloudFlare to be a much easier and faster solution for websites.

Other Advice:

If someone is looking for a secure and optimized wrapper over an open website, I would suggest CloudFlare services. It will instantly help you to secure and optimize websites/web pages or blogs. It is quick, easy to use, and simple to implement.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Cloudflare?

Our experts can help. 217,939 professionals have used our research on 5,608 solutions.