What is most valuable?
- Provides a very easy DNS management: Allows you to create various sub-domains and A-record management
- Handy interface with one-click to switch the service on and off
- Global coverage supports the DNS queries with its load balancing feature
- Helps to secure your web from DDoS attacks and unwanted bots
- Has a very user-friendly interface to handle the allowed IPs if you need to bypass/block any particular region or identified bots.
- Web optimization features such as ‘Automatic Content Caching’, ‘Rocket Loader’, and ‘AutoMinify’, which help to minimize the website loading time and increase the website response.
How has it helped my organization?
- We use the DNS management for all of our domains. It brings all websites under the umbrella of CloudFlare.
- We no longer require any other security levels, as all websites under CloudFlare wrappers are secure with DDoS protection.
- We do not need to implement complex caching techniques as the CloudFlare content caching helps to minimize the website load time.
What needs improvement?
For DDoS protection and website downtime, it would be nice to have a feature to provide email/SMS alerts that can be implemented like Pingdom and other solutions.
For how long have I used the solution?
I implemented these solutions in 2013.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
I did not encounter any stability issues.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
I have not yet encountered any scalability issues.
How are customer service and technical support?
Until now, I didn’t require much technical support. I try to find any help by myself through the interface.
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
I did not use any previous solution. In fact, I searched for a few and selected CloudFlare.
How was the initial setup?
The product is very straightforward and simple to implement. Those are the main reasons for using it.
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
I haven’t gone through the other pricing plans. For the services I am using, it is a bit expensive. It is worth the price when you weight it against time and cost.
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
Before selecting CloudFlare, we looked at Amazon products. Although AWS provides a range of services and is a standardized platform, I found CloudFlare to be a much easier and faster solution for websites.
What other advice do I have?
If someone is looking for a secure and optimized wrapper over an open website, I would suggest CloudFlare services. It will instantly help you to secure and optimize websites/web pages or blogs. It is quick, easy to use, and simple to implement.