4c gray text

Cloudflare Review
Allows you to create various sub-domains and A-record management.

Valuable Features

• Provides a very easy DNS management: Allows you to create various sub-domains and A-record management
  • Handy interface with one-click to switch the service on and off
  • Global coverage supports the DNS queries with its load balancing feature
  • Helps to secure your web from DDoS attacks and unwanted bots
  • Has a very user-friendly interface to handle the allowed IPs if you need to bypass/block any particular region or identified bots.
  • Web optimization features such as ‘Automatic Content Caching’, ‘Rocket Loader’, and ‘AutoMinify’, which help to minimize the website loading time and increase the website response.

Improvements to My Organization

• We use the DNS management for all of our domains. It brings all websites under the umbrella of CloudFlare.
  • We no longer require any other security levels, as all websites under CloudFlare wrappers are secure with DDoS protection.
  • We do not need to implement complex caching techniques as the CloudFlare content caching helps to minimize the website load time.

Room for Improvement

For DDoS protection and website downtime, it would be nice to have a feature to provide email/SMS alerts that can be implemented like Pingdom and other solutions.

Use of Solution

I implemented these solutions in 2013.

I did not encounter any stability issues.

I have not yet encountered any scalability issues.

Until now, I didn’t require much technical support. I try to find any help by myself through the interface.

I did not use any previous solution. In fact, I searched for a few and selected CloudFlare.

The product is very straightforward and simple to implement. Those are the main reasons for using it.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

I haven’t gone through the other pricing plans. For the services I am using, it is a bit expensive. It is worth the price when you weight it against time and cost.

Other Solutions Considered

Before selecting CloudFlare, we looked at Amazon products. Although AWS provides a range of services and is a standardized platform, I found CloudFlare to be a much easier and faster solution for websites.

Other Advice

If someone is looking for a secure and optimized wrapper over an open website, I would suggest CloudFlare services. It will instantly help you to secure and optimize websites/web pages or blogs. It is quick, easy to use, and simple to implement.

1 visitor found this review helpful
0df7cae3 d84d 4f71 aa46 85972020ae71 avatar

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Cloudflare?

Our experts can help. 239,537 professionals have used our research on 5,962 solutions.