- Provides a very easy DNS management: Allows you to create various sub-domains and A-record management
- Handy interface with one-click to switch the service on and off
- Global coverage supports the DNS queries with its load balancing feature
- Helps to secure your web from DDoS attacks and unwanted bots
- Has a very user-friendly interface to handle the allowed IPs if you need to bypass/block any particular region or identified bots.
- Web optimization features such as ‘Automatic Content Caching’, ‘Rocket Loader’, and ‘AutoMinify’, which help to minimize the website loading time and increase the website response.
Improvements to My Organization:
- We use the DNS management for all of our domains. It brings all websites under the umbrella of CloudFlare.
- We no longer require any other security levels, as all websites under CloudFlare wrappers are secure with DDoS protection.
- We do not need to implement complex caching techniques as the CloudFlare content caching helps to minimize the website load time.
Room for Improvement:
For DDoS protection and website downtime, it would be nice to have a feature to provide email/SMS alerts that can be implemented like Pingdom and other solutions.
Use of Solution:
I implemented these solutions in 2013.
I did not encounter any stability issues.
I have not yet encountered any scalability issues.
Until now, I didn’t require much technical support. I try to find any help by myself through the interface.
I did not use any previous solution. In fact, I searched for a few and selected CloudFlare.
The product is very straightforward and simple to implement. Those are the main reasons for using it.
Cost and Licensing Advice:
I haven’t gone through the other pricing plans. For the services I am using, it is a bit expensive. It is worth the price when you weight it against time and cost.
Other Solutions Considered:
Before selecting CloudFlare, we looked at Amazon products. Although AWS provides a range of services and is a standardized platform, I found CloudFlare to be a much easier and faster solution for websites.
If someone is looking for a secure and optimized wrapper over an open website, I would suggest CloudFlare services. It will instantly help you to secure and optimize websites/web pages or blogs. It is quick, easy to use, and simple to implement.
Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.