Cloudflare Review

The dashboard is very well thought out, giving useful information

What is our primary use case?

I just switched to Cloudflare as my domain registrar. That led me to use their CDN service, and I will probably use them for SSL when that is available.

How has it helped my organization?

Cloudflare has made management of my website much easier by combining various functions in one platform without compromising quality. There are also less dark UX patterns than other vendors, so I have peace of mind knowing they aren't trying to trick me or make complicated procedures to attempt to lock me into their service. That is very refreshing!

What is most valuable?

The dashboard is very well thought out, giving useful information and providing easy access to useful functionality I wasn't aware of.

What needs improvement?

This is a very minor thing since I can't think of many ways for them to improve: It looks like they don't support as many TLDs as other registrars, but since they are very new as a registrar, I expect this may improve soon. For example, there are many TLDs in this list, but /co is missing: https://www.cloudflare.com/tld...

Less than one year.

This solution has been stable so far, and monitoring of Cloudflare has shown them to be reliable.

So far, scalability has done well, but I am not a heavy user.

I haven't contacted support which indicates a good self-serve product. The tools to answer your own questions are there, so support is built-in without ever needing to reach a person.

I switched to Cloudflare from GoDaddy because Cloudflare promoted "at cost" domains.

The initial setup was very straightforward.

Self-managed.

Less cost for domains and more satisfaction which is hard to put a dollar value to.

Cost for all services I have researched in Cloudflare is straightforward, and they don't include hidden fees. I'm not a heavy CDN user since I don't get much traffic, so I can't speak too much about the value for their CDN.

I've used various solutions like full hosting companies (Bluehost, iPage, etc.) and most recently GoDaddy. I also looked at Google domains and Namecheap.

What other advice do I have?

I encourage anyone interested in holistic internet service delivery solutions to check out Cloudflare. They have nice simple solutions that work well together, are easy to set up, and their UI/UX is intuitive.