CloudLock Review

RegEx-based reporting on Google Drive data enables reporting on inappropriate or privileged data that should not be stored in Google.

What is most valuable?

We use the Application Discovery & Control feature. With Google’s G Suite, it is very easy for a user to give full control of their Google data to a third party. For example, when Pokémon Go was first released, it gave the vendor full access to do anything with a user’s Google account and to act as the user. In the wrong hands, this access is far worse than compromised passwords or any standard breach.

How has it helped my organization?

With RegEx-based reporting on Google Drive data, we can report any inappropriate or privileged data that should not be stored in Google.

What needs improvement?

The issues with CloudLock are mostly for Google to address. Google is all about trusting users, which is a nightmare for an administrator. It allows any user to intentionally or accidentally give a random third party full access to a Google account. As long as this issue exists, CloudLock or any other product is only a band-aid solution. It can only work reactively, and not stop the incident from occurring.

I have been using CloudLock for more than two years.

I did not encounter any issues with stability.

I did not encounter any issues with scalability. CloudLock Fabric is based on AWS.

The technical support has been good to date with a very quick turnaround.

We did not use any other solutions before CloudLock.

Like all Google Marketplace apps, it is very simple to setup and get started. The most complex user experience is when you are creating RegEx based policies. The tool gives you a lot of ideas already built in.

PwC Global evaluated the market. I wasn't involved in evaluating other products. I have looked at BetterCloud; but at the time of purchase, BetterCloud was a startup.

What other advice do I have?

CloudLock is a great solution if you use multiple cloud systems like Google, Salesforce, AWS, and so on, because you can scan all systems with one tool.