Code42 Backup + Restore Review
While it's not cheap and initial deployment issues notwithstanding, it cleans infections and losslessly restores data.

Valuable Features

Restore function

Improvements to My Organization

We no longer worry about viruses like Cryptolocker or Cryptowall. If an infection happens, and it has, and will happen again, we don't experience data loss. The most time we spend is identifying the source of the infection. Servers are backed up with CrashPlan and users data is backed up with CrashPlan. We just clean the infection, restore the data and we are done.

Room for Improvement

Minimal to no data loss, and a lot of time saved as well as user peace of mind.

Use of Solution

2 years

At first, but we got excellent assistance from top tier support at Code42 and all issues we resolved quickly.

Excellent

Excellent

Yes; unreliable

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

It is not cheap, but when you can restore thousands of hours of work without issue, it does not matter so much.

Other Advice

CrashPlan is one of the top three software implementations I have ever been involved with in 15 years. It makes my job easier. It makes the users jobs easier. I have seen users almost break down and cry tears of joy because we were able to restore critical documentation with years of research so quickly. It makes us in IT support look good.

1 visitor found this review helpful