Code42 Next-Gen DLP Review

The web console allows me to see all of my users and their devices, and to manage my various licenses.

What is most valuable?

The web console which allows me to see all of my users and their devices, to manage my security authentication and licenses, and to restore files for less-skilled users.

How has it helped my organization?

Replacing laptops has become so much easier, whether from a hardware failure or with newer equipment. My users are restoring their own files because it's so easy to use.

What needs improvement?

It is a little confusing for users when they are replacing a laptop - a couple have wiped out their backup by choosing "adopt" before they do a restore. Maybe an option or rewording or step-by-step guidance so they can restore their old documents and then continue using this new device in place of the old?

3 years

Excellent customer service and quick response times.

Very good, very knowledgeable.

We previously used USB drives with Microsoft's backup, but the rate of failure was high, the reliability low.

Setting up CrashPlan was easy from start to finish. My users do their own installations.

What other advice do I have?

The biggest question that I am asked by my users is "Are you sure it's running? I don't notice it - it's not slowing me down." That's a big compliment to the software.