Code42 Next-Gen DLP Review

We have been able to keep backups of mobile/laptop data reliable for the end user in case there is a major incident, but I'm waiting for an app that can be installed on smartphones and tablets.

Valuable Features

I don't know if this would really be a feature, but more just what the software does in general. It just works. The only time I spend with the software is just upgrades, which are easy. I don't have issues with computers or the servers. The software is doing its job without further support from our staff. Basically set it up and forget about it.

Improvements to My Organization

We have been able to keep backups of mobile/laptop data reliable for the end user in case there is a major incident. It has improved our peace of mind.

Room for Improvement

I am waiting for them to develop an app that can be installed on a smartphone or tablet that backs up the data as it does for computers.

Use of Solution

4 years

None

One of the most stable software packages I have worked with in my 20 years in IT.

It scales really well. We have two datastores. Originally we started out with one and it was easy to add the second. We were even able to seed it with data from the first.

Excellent. They have always been great on the phone, chat, or email.

Excellent. They know their stuff and know how to communicate that with you and help you out.

It was very simple and straightforward. Nothing complex about it.

Implementation Team

In-house

ROI

It gives us piece of mind and security. I call it an insurance policy. So as far as true ROI it is hard to calculate. All it will take is one major file getting deleted or drive failure and bingo it has paid for itself.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Their options are very straight forward.

Other Solutions Considered

This was really the only item on the market at the time that let us store the data in-house, but still back up devices securely over the internet.

Other Advice

Again great solution and great company.