Code42 Next-Gen DLP Review

With up-to-date backups, it's helped us keep several executives happy when kryptolocker visited, but we could benefit from multi-user support.

What is most valuable?

Instant access to backups, whether hosted or local, has been the most valuable feature.

How has it helped my organization?

Kryptolocker has visited our organization several times over the past couple of years. Each time, we have the user back up and running within the day because there are up-to-date backups waiting to be restored. Rarely are files lost during the restoration process. This has been key in keeping several executives happy.

What needs improvement?

Adding multi-user support would be huge. It would help immensely with access and administration challenges in the higher education realm.

We've been using Crashplan for about two years now.

Deployment has been great. Coupled with our deployment solution, we basically push a button and it deploys to the correct user on the correct computer.

This piece of software is absolutely stable.

None.

10/10. Code42 knows how to treat its customers right.

10/10. Great tech support, although we rarely need it.

We previously used a tape backup system. This seemed a bit archaic, and the turnaround on getting users back up and running after a full system crash/loss of data was unacceptable.

I was less involved with the setup, but from my point of view, it seemed pretty simple.

What other advice do I have?

This backup solution seems to be the best on the market. Ease of usability, both on the administrative side and the customer side, make it worth the install alone. Add in the stability and constant reassurance of knowing your files are only a download away is next to none.

More Code42 Next-Gen DLP reviews from users