Code42 Next-Gen DLP Review

Enterprise level migration is easy and seamless into an existing SSO, but some parts of the UI aren't very helpful for end users.

Valuable Features

• Client backup notification to alert people who have not backed up in a certain amount of time
  • Enterprise level migration is easy and seamless into an existing SSO

Improvements to My Organization

Client data recovery is possible without IT interaction for the savvy and medium savvy users, which lessens the load on our IT department.

Room for Improvement

CrashPlan deployment and integration with existing systems was easy, but the interface could be more helpful to non-tech savvy users. Especially in the education environment, we have many users that are not accustomed to the idea of cloud backup and have difficulty understanding what is happening and when it is happening. Some parts of the UI aren't very helpful in walking the end user through what is happening.

In the next release, I would love to see the ability to merge a personal account with an enterprise one. We have a few members of our staff or faculty who have existing CrashPlan accounts, and they have been unable to get the data backed up in these accounts to merge with their provided work account. I understand there may be differences in billing, etc., but it would be a helpful feature.

We have seen it as extremely scalable to this point in our environment.

10/10

Deploy really is simple, but it's true what everyone else is saying, the cost is prohibitive for some people without a fair amount of negotiating and bargaining.