Code42 Next-Gen DLP Review

Allows our IT staff to troubleshoot and restore data to machines that may have un-recoverable data due to damage.

Valuable Features

Endpoint monitoring and data backup from Code42 and their software Crashplan has been a great piece of software for our organization, allowing our IT staff to troubleshoot and restore data to machines that may have un-recoverable data due to damage makes it significantly easier.

Improvements to My Organization

The organization is able to have peace of mind when it comes to data protection. IT is now able to verify that information is backed up at all times, and send reminders if a machine hasn't been backed up in a set amount of days.

Room for Improvement

The software itself is really pretty great. From time to time, you will see issues with the software not connecting to the on-premise server, or the client crashes on a users machine. But with any software, these things happen.

Use of Solution

6 months

I wasn't at my company when the software was deployed, but from what I have heard and what I've seen deploying updates, it's a straightforward and simple process with little or no downtime.

Like I said earlier, no major issues with stability other than the one off's from users clients on their machines. Great software.

We haven't ran into issues scaling the software in our organization. We add new users frequently, and its an easy thing to do.

The customer service at Code42 has always been top notch. They know how to talk to their clients and understand that they're dealing primarily with IT Pros.

The technical support that is offered is great. Dealing with them via chat is the easiest way for any body to troubleshoot an issue. And they have a ticket system that allows you to just submit issues and have them follow up with you.

I am not aware of any previous solutions used here at my company, since we've only used CrashPlan since I started.

Was not present for the implementation of the software, but setup of the Clients is easy and straightforward. Could not be any simpler than logging in.

Implementation Team

In House team. We manage the solution as well in house. It's a very simple process that the admin console lends a hand to.

ROI

The largest return on investment that we see is peace of mind from our users knowing that all of their information is safe if something were to happen.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Like with any software, if you need to test to make sure the solution is right for you, do a test run. Then figure out the amount of licenses you'll need.

Other Solutions Considered

Code42's CrashPlan has been implemented since before I started at my company. I'm not sure if there were any other contenders.

Other Advice

Code42's CrashPlan is a great backup solution, and should be considered the best in class for enterprise backup solutions.