Code42 Next-Gen DLP Review

The application requires far more system resources on a Client than other solutions

What is our primary use case?

Used for both peer-to-peer and cloud backup.

What is most valuable?

• It required very little ongoing maintenance once setup.
  • Supported peer to peer storage (they are discontinuing this going forward). Due to the change in direction of the company, I am now migrating to a different solution.
  • It has quite a bit of flexibility in configuring backup sets.
  • It had the ability to preseed by sending in a data drive and could restore by sending the user a data drive.

What needs improvement?

The application, written in Java, required far more system resources on a Client than other solutions.

More than five years.

It used to be a good solution for SOHO in particular as it had unlimited storage for a reasonable price. However, their pricing model has changed and they are now primarily targeting enterprise users.

What other advice do I have?

Due to recent changes that effectively abandoned an entire segment of their user base, I no longer trust nor can recommend Code42 products.

4.8.4
More Code42 Next-Gen DLP reviews from users
...who work at a University
Find out what your peers are saying about Code42, Digital Guardian, Broadcom and others in Data Loss Prevention (DLP). Updated: August 2021.
534,226 professionals have used our research since 2012.