CyberArk PAS Review

​The most valuable feature of this product is the Central Policy Manager but CyberArk can be improved in all areas

Valuable Features

The most valuable feature of this product is the Central Policy Manager. From the Operation and Security point of view a robot that can connect to destination machines, change passwords at fixed times, and put them in the vault, like a person, and therefore, is the best that you can ask for.

It combines more functionality in a single product and solve a lot of problem, from security to compliance.

Improvements to My Organization

It has improved many parts of the organization. From the security and audit perspective, we're now fully aware of who accessed data and from where they accessed it. This helped us with regulatory compliance. We've improved our level of security in many typically-unsafe environments, such as domains.

Room for Improvement

I think that this product can be improved in all the areas. The details usually are important as the funcionallity. So I think that understanding the request from the customer CyberArk, as is already doing, can improve day by day his product.

Use of Solution

I have used Cyber-Ark PAS since 2008, so thid is the seventh year that I will be working with it.

Usually not. The biggest problem was the incompatibility or non-default installation of an OS to be managed by the Central Policy Manager.

Never encountered any problems with stability.

Never encountered any problems with scalability. The Vault, Central Policy Manager, Password Vault Web Access, Privileged Session Manager and Application Identity Management architecture are designed to support scalability.

It's improved over the years and now is very fast and efficient. We've got a very good Italian customer service.

Very high level of technical support. Fast and organized.

Never used a different solution.

The initial setup is really fast, simple and straightforward. It consist of a simple Windows installation (next-next type) for any component. The only requirement is to do the installation step by step following a list of components to do beforehand.

Implementation Team

I work in a vendor team, and we installed the product in a large company.