CyberArk PAS Review

You can write different types of policies for custom business needs

What is our primary use case?

I am a CyberArk admin. I manage everyone's PSA accounts, including EPM and PVWA.

It has been performing very nicely. We are on version 9.10. We are thinking of upgrading to 10.3 soon, hopefully. I don't want go to 10.4 since it just came out.

We are planning on utilizing CyberArk to secure application credentials and endpoints because of PAS. We do have a lot of accounts for developers, and we do manage a lot of passwords in the world.

Our company is not in the cloud yet. We are not that big. We are looking to move to it soon, as it is on our roadmap. By the end of the year or early next year, we are hoping to move CyberArk to the cloud.

How has it helped my organization?

It has removed the local admin rights. It is safe and improving well.

Also, everyone doesn't have passwords to certain applications because of PAS, which is managing the passwords world-wide. So, it is more secure.

Our overall security posture is pretty good, but there is always more to improve upon.

What is most valuable?

I feel like I love EPM more because it is a pretty sleek tool. I like how it manages everyone's accounts. It removes all the local admin accounts, and I like that part about EPM.

You can write different types of policies for custom business needs or any developer needs. If they need certain functions allocated, they can be customized easily.

What needs improvement?

The interface on version 9 looks old. I am excited for version 10 because of the interface and design are good, and it is easier to use.

Less than one year.

It is pretty stable because we have not moved to the new version. When it comes out, we don't want to go to the newest version the right away because we do not know if it is stable or not. We do not want to put it in the production yet, so we want to wait until the next one comes out, then we go from there.

We have not had any downtime with the product. No issues yet.

It is pretty scalable. It should meet our needs in the future.

They are extremely knowledgeable. Sometimes I asked a question, and their first reply is the answer. Then, I have them close the ticket. I feel like I am getting the right person.

I was not involved in the initial setup.

What other advice do I have?

If you want more security, get CyberArk.

I used the new plugin generator utility here in the lab. Right now, it is manual, and the plugin is very easy to use. It is amazing.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: I prefer better tech support, because I love the CyberArk support. I want support like that everywhere with all my vendors.