D-Link Ethernet Switches Review

Provide great security and ease of configuration

What is our primary use case?

We use an older model, but they've been good as they've lasted all of these years.

We use them for general use. There is nothing specific about them. They're suitable for small to medium-sized businesses. From my experience, big corporations don't use them.

The ones we currently use are unmanaged. We plan to migrate to managed switches in the near future. Security is the biggest thing I'm looking at.

What is most valuable?

The best features are the ease of configuration, how easy they are to play with, and the security features, as well.

What needs improvement?

I would say they do exactly what they're supposed to do. The two models that I've got are just fantastic. Amongst the others, some others were decommissioned just because we went to newer stuff, but I can't find anything wrong with our D-Link Ethernet Switches.

D-Link has been part of our business structure for at least five to ten years.

Stability-wise, I would give them a rating of 10 out of 10.

I would say so they are scalable. We used and purchased channels according to our needs. They are reliable. Even though we have more channels than we need, more ports, we can substitute them on a smaller setup. Although we don't use all the ports, we can move these to a tougher setup. So scalability-wise, I think it's great.

I did use TRENDnet and Netgear, but because of the availability of the product, the price, and the fact that they have a great history surrounding reliability, we chose to go with D-Link.

The initial setup is very easy — plug and play and it works all the time.

These units vary in price from $200 to one thousand dollars. They're available for a one-time purchase.

They're very competitive. I think they have an array of products that meet any price range. They have cheaper ones, and they have more expensive ones. I believe the unmanaged ones are very affordable.

What other advice do I have?

D-Link Ethernet Switches are worth it. The easier the configuration is the better it'll be. Just make sure they meet security best practices and standards.

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give D-Link Ethernet Switches a rating of nine — they're top picks.

More D-Link Ethernet Switches reviews from users
...who work at a Aerospace/Defense Firm
...who compared it with Cisco Ethernet Switches
Find out what your peers are saying about D-Link, Netgear, Cisco and others in Ethernet Switches. Updated: September 2021.
536,244 professionals have used our research since 2012.