DataCore SANsymphony SDS Review

Easy migration of data between storage areas, and an overall performance improvement

What is our primary use case?

The first use case was for our data center at the headquarters. We currently have two server rooms, connected by fibre, and the data is synchronized between both using DataCore.

How has it helped my organization?

Since DataCore has been installed, the performance of our server has been improved. During the maintenance periods, on any part of the storage or VMware migration, we have had no downtime.

Recently we decided to deploy DataCore™ Hyperconverged Virtual SAN in our manufactury.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is the ability to migrate from one storage area to another one easily. The evolution of the solution by adding new storage without having to go through a difficult migration is very helpful.

What needs improvement?

I think the performance reporting can be improved by adding historical statistics into a database for the purpose of comparison.

A capacity planning solution would be a great addition.

We have been using this solution for more than five years.

10PSP8
More DataCore SANsymphony SDS reviews from users
...who work at a Government
...who compared it with NetApp HCI
Learn what your peers think about DataCore SANsymphony SDS. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
533,638 professionals have used our research since 2012.