Dell EMC Avamar Review

Great deduplication, excellent features added yearly, and very stable

What is most valuable?

The deduplication feature is the best aspect of the solution.

The solution is always coming up with new features year over year. They are consistently updating their offering to continuously offer better and broader functionality in their product.

By using a single software you can do a back up of all of your servers as their products have several virtual servers. That's the benefit of going with the Dell EMC set up.

The solution is very stable.

The scalability of the solution is very good.

Technical support has always been very helpful.

What needs improvement?

The solution is not very strong on the Cloud. They should work out how they can use this as a backup as a service.

I've been using the solution for seven years now.

The solution is quite reliable. The stability is good. We haven't had any issues with bugs or glitches. It doesn't seem to crash or freeze.

The solution is very scalable. It's not a problem to grow the solution out if you need to.

Multiple people in our firm are using it.

Technical support is excellent. We're very satisfied with the level of support we get. They're great at responding.

We previously used a variety of other solutions before landing on EMC.

The initial setup is not complex. It's very straightforward. I'd describe the process as simple. It doesn't take to long to set up.

What other advice do I have?

We're partners with Dell EMC.

We are using the latest version of the solution, although I don't know what the version number is.

I would recommend the solution. The solution is great. There are very little improvements needed on the solution, aside from better cloud improvements. I'd rate it nine out of ten.

More Dell EMC Avamar reviews from users
...who work at a Healthcare Company
...who compared it with Commvault
Learn what your peers think about Dell EMC Avamar. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: February 2021.
464,655 professionals have used our research since 2012.