Duo Security Review

A secure solution to protect a database

What is our primary use case?

We use Duo Security to access databases, which are in the cloud. It's two-factor authentication mostly.

What is most valuable?

The two-factor login is great. I receive a message and just have to press okay. And then I am in. Also, the connection is very fast.

What needs improvement?

I haven't experienced any issues with Duo Security, but I'm only on the front end, I don't see the back end. I don't know what the IT guys are struggling with. From the front end, it's very fast and it hasn't missed a beat, so to say. As soon as I log in, within a second, I receive a message on my mobile, and as soon as I hit okay, that is within a second, then it's already passed on to the database where I need to be. It's lightning-fast, I've never experienced anything like it in the past.

I have had experience with Duo Security for roughly six months.

Duo Security is very stable.

I have not needed to call technical support relating to Duo Security; however, the guys from Cisco are very supportive, but that also has a lot to do with my relationship with Cisco. I've known most of the support guys since the late '90s. If I have an issue, they respond to my requests within five minutes.

For me, the initial setup was very simple. All I had to do was download an app, log in, and that was it.

I was not involved in licensing negotiations, so I can't speak on this matter.

What other advice do I have?

As a user, I would give Duo Security a rating of nine out of ten.

More Duo Security reviews from users
...who compared it with RSA Authentication Manager
Learn what your peers think about Duo Security. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
535,015 professionals have used our research since 2012.