ESET Endpoint Security Review
The CLI Scanning is used for scanning our corporate storage (endpoint) for malware that our onboard scanner (MS Endpoint) misses.

What is most valuable?

The CLI Scanning is used for scanning our corporate storage (endpoint) for malware that our onboard scanner (MS Endpoint) misses.

Personal experience with the real-time scanner was excellent and we wanted to create a second layer of detection on our systems, without going through the expense and trouble of running a second AV on our systems.

How has it helped my organization?

On notification of a potential malware issue via FireEye, or PaloAlto, we launch a scan against the endpoint C$ share and the user's network drive.

Automatic cleaning is enabled, and often finds the malware the MSEPP has missed, plus additional malware.

We use app locker to prevent execution of downloaded malware so ESET is simply used to clean up after the fact.

What needs improvement?

From our perspective, no real issues with the application.

Personally, I use it on my desktop/laptop/tablet and have had no issues with signature or application updates.

I hope to convince our Application team to adopt it over our MSEPP solution but due to the difference in price, it's not likely.

We haven't had any issues with deployment.

We haven't had any issues with stability.

We haven't had any issues with scalability.

1 Comment

it_user388242Real User

We use a cifs share for our file server, i mapped it to a standalone server and run scans over the weekend.

09 March 16