ESET Endpoint Security Review

Lightweight antivirus with heuristic scan, web filter, bi-directional firewall, and device restriction that works

What is most valuable?

The most valuables features are that it is a lightweight antivirus with a lightweight heuristic scan, web filter, bi-directional firewall, and device restriction that works well.

How has it helped my organization?

As ESET is a lightweight antivirus and gives us the most useful features that we need on an endpoint, we are comfortable after installing it. You don't need to worry about the machine becoming slow after installing it, and there are other features to protect the user machine as well.

What needs improvement?

The heuristic of ESET is not so effective in standard mode. We have to implement some policies on it to have good protection against malware like Zero-Day and ransomware. I think that such policies should be implemented by default on the product or by the automatic updates.

ESET is so stable, after you install the ESET Endpoint Security (endpoint) or the ESET Remote Administrator (ERA admin console) you will not have problems with bugs or the like, in the interfaces or features.

I have never needed to do this on an ESET product.

Here in Brazil, the support is not good. But if I contact the support in Argentina, which is the central service desk of Latin America, the support is very good.

Yes, as a software distributor I also work with Sophos for example, and the cost-benefit of ESET is better than Sophos.

The deployment and configuration of ESET Endpoint Security and ESET Remote Administrator are really simple, and easy to manage.

The cost-benefit of ESET, from my point of view, is really good for an antivirus for small and medium business.

Yes, I evaluated Sophos, but I would have to upgrade the machines to install it on all PCs.

What other advice do I have?

It's a good antivirus for small and medium businesses. However, be careful with the policies; implementing best practices of ESET policies is necessary. Also make sure it is updated.