ExtremeCloud IQ Review

Professional support, scales well, simple to use, and suits many needs for many customers

What is our primary use case?

We are a distributor and ExtremeCloud IQ is one of the products that we have experience with. It is primarily used by bigger companies in industries such as healthcare.

What is most valuable?

The support organization behind this product is extremely professional.

This is a product that suits the many needs of many customers.

We are happy with the interface.

What needs improvement?

First time users may find it difficult to get going into the right direction. After registering for a new CloudIQ, where to start. Some guidance would be helpful.

I have been working with ExtremeCloud IQ for two years.

It's extremely stable. Most of the time, it works like a charm.

This is a very scalable product. It works fine with two or three access points, but also in an environment where you have hundreds or even thousands of them.

We have had no issues with technical support.

The initial setup is straightforward. If you want to have a straightforward network, it's extremely simple to set up.

It is not the cheapest product but I think that the price is reasonable because you get a lot of support of it's needed. This is a professional access point.

There are many alternatives that we evaluated, and we chose ExtremeCloud.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, we are definitely satisfied with this product. They are well ahead of what I want to see. Sometimes, when I think that a new feature might be nice, it's there already.

My advice for anybody who is looking at this product is that there may be a small barrier to getting started, but just jump over it and you will definitely be surprised by the simplicity of the whole product.

The autopilot version of Cloud IQ is coming, and it has a lot of artificial intelligence in it. It will handle jobs that the normal IT person does. You can just leave it alone, close the door and throw away the key.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Distributor
More ExtremeCloud IQ reviews from users
...who work at a Educational Organization
...who compared it with Junos Space Network Director
Find out what your peers are saying about Extreme, Cisco, IBM and others in Network Management Applications. Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.