ExtremeCloud IQ Review

The amount of data that you can get out of the system gives you a great look into your network.

Valuable Features:

The management interface is intuitive and easy to navigate, while being powerful and granular in your ability to control the environment.

I like the fact that even if the management system goes down, the network stays up. There is no single point of failure that requires redundancy in equipment.

Improvements to My Organization:

We were going from autonomous APs to a managed system and looked at several different vendors. The initial cost for all of the other vendors was far higher than the Aerohive solution, and even over 5 years it was still less expensive.

Room for Improvement:

I have never really felt their mounting system for the APs is all that good. The plastic plates are a bit flimsy and not well designed.

6.6r1
More ExtremeCloud IQ reviews from users
...who work at a Educational Organization
...who compared it with Junos Space Network Director
Find out what your peers are saying about Extreme, Cisco, IBM and others in Network Management Applications. Updated: January 2021.
463,678 professionals have used our research since 2012.