ExtremeCloud IQ Review

Devices are easy to configure. The online tool is easy to navigate.

What is most valuable?

Devices are easy to configure and require almost no maintenance. It is an independent device that can be managed remotely. The online tool helps us view with one click all important information. It is easy to navigate and obtain all necessary information.

How has it helped my organization?

Our previous solution had various issues - we went from a centralized wifi solution and converted to the Aerohive solution. This in the cloud solution is very practical as each device is not dependent from one device to the next.

What needs improvement?

I support several points of service, but our billing is centralized. As our points of service placed their purchases, the yearly maintenance fees were not dated all the same. It created a headache trying to deal with several maintenance fees throughout the year. To facilitate our billing, we requested that there is one yearly maintenance renewal instead of several during the year. It took a bit of negotiation, but we were able to work with them to modify the billing to a combined yearly cycle. Once that small issue was ironed out, there hasn't been any other issues.

We have had this solution for 2 years.

We did have licensing issues at the renewal of the maintenance. Any issues we had were promptly dealt with. Since that initial issue - everything has worked out and we haven't had any issues since then.

No, this solution has been a very stable solution once we had it in place. We have several points of service that are now independent. Aerohive are pro-active and provide occasional updates to ensure an adequate stability.

No. We have this solution deployed throughout over 60 points of service - with several that have more than one device. Changes can be made per device or by grouping several devices.

The customer service with Aerohive is outstanding. The have forums and a support site. They are friendly and it feels like we are a part of the family. They are proud of their product and it shows.

I have never had to deal personally with technical support. Members of my team have dealt with them and issues have been resolved accordingly in very little time. This issues were related to hardware failure - but the issues were resolved in a very short time.

Yes. Our previous solution was centralized and we had a lot of dependability issues. With the Aerohive solution we were able to decentralize our wifi solution. This helped provide a more stable and dependable solution.

I was not a part of the initial setup. Several members of my team did work on the development of this project and no major issues were signaled.

Our initial setup was with an in-house team. A member of our team did the research and contacted Aerohive directly for support. As no major issues happened, I don't have anything to report.

Our organization is a non-profit. As we do not charge for usage, we don't really have an ROI calculated as such. The service we provide (free of charge) is stable and required almost no maintenance.

We have several points of service that has purchased this solution - the only issue we had is that they weren't purchased at the same time - so maintenance fees were not all a the same time. Aerohive was able to help us adjust our pricing to be more regular. Work with Aerohive to develop the solution that will work best for you.

Before choosing Aerohive, we had an in-house solution. We researched what could be done locally and the advantages of staying in-house. Aerohive provided us with a staple and scalable solution that suited our needs.

What other advice do I have?

Aerohive is a great company to deal with. You feel like a part of the family. The product is top notch - you will not have any regrets.

More ExtremeCloud IQ reviews from users