F5 BIG-IP Review

Very stable and scalable with the application firewall a valuable feature

What is our primary use case?

We mainly use this solution for application delivery and application security - the product is used on a daily basis. We are partners of F5 and I'm the head of IT infrastructure.

What is most valuable?

The application firewall is a very good feature.

What needs improvement?

The policies management could be improved, that's why I'm doing a comparison of other solutions. This is also a very expensive solution.

I'd like to see external loading included as part of the solution.

I've been using this solution for seven years.

The solution is stable overall.

This solution is scalable.

The technical support is very good.

Deployment time depends on the size of the organization. In some places it takes a week or two; in others it can take three months. There is very little maintenance required but if necessary we do it ourselves. We do upgrades ourselves and maybe rely on technical support once a year.

Everything is included in the license fee but it's a very expensive solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10. If it were less expensive I'd rate it higher.

More F5 BIG-IP reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Citrix ADC
Learn what your peers think about F5 BIG-IP. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
509,570 professionals have used our research since 2012.
2 Comments

9. vCMP: Hardware DDoS integration for vCMP Guests

10. GTM: DNS Firewall Services

author avatarSaurabhPal
Top 5LeaderboardReal User

1. 6WIND Virtual Accelerator™ is hypervisor acceleration software that works transparently with F5® BIG-IP® Local Traffic Manager™ (LTM®) Virtual Edition (VE) to increase throughput performance without any change to the application, hypervisor, operating system, or management.

2. The integration of F5 BIG-IP Edge Client for Windows with Absolute® Application Persistence® ensures that the application is running in a healthy state on all endpoints across the device fleet.

3. The integration of F5 BIG-IP Edge Client for Windows with Absolute® Application Persistence® ensures that the application is running in a healthy state on all endpoints across the device fleet.

4. Acunetix is an industry-leading solution used to automatically scan and audit complex authenticated web applications, reporting on a wide range of over 3000 web vulnerabilities, including SQLi and XSS.

5. The AlgoSec Security Management solution allows customers to simply and automatically manage F5 security operational processes across their enterprise networks.

6. Altipeak partners with F5 Networks to provide strong and secure access management to organization’s resources and Internet applications.

7. Anuta Networks partners with F5 to simplify and deliver the advanced network services from layer 4-7 leveraging both physical and virtual devices to simplify the deployment of advanced network services, extending their capability beyond traditional layer 2-3 services