F5 BIG-IP Review

Very dependable and stable in its market category

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is as an alternative for ADT. We work with standard enterprise customers because this product is not affordable for the SME, it's not a cheap solution. We are partners with F5 and I'm a pre-sales and technical executive.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the iRule.

What needs improvement?

The reporting could be improved and I'd also like to see the UI adjusted to make configuration easier. There are some things in the F5 configuration that are complicated.

I've been using this solution for 16 years in total, continuously for the last seven years.

I think this solution is very stable.

This is a scalable solution.

Compared to other solutions, the technical support is not very user friendly.

I previously worked with Fortinet which is a much more reasonably priced solution.

The initial setup is somewhat more complex than you would find in other solutions. Implementation can be completed in a couple of days but in terms of the configuration firewall of the product, for any application it will take a minimum of 15 days and up to a month.

What other advice do I have?

If a company wants a good solution and has the money for it, I would recommend F5.

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.

More F5 BIG-IP reviews from users