F5 BIG-IP Review

One box with many features including LTM, ASM, and GTM

What is our primary use case?

F5 delivers a full range of solutions that simplify service providers’ security architectures while mitigating threats. The full proxy architecture of F5 solutions also allows service providers to attain extensive visibility and control throughout layers 4 through 7. This enables granular control of all connections, more extensive security functionality, and comprehensive end-to-end protection against DDoS and other attacks. F5 solutions protect targeted network elements, the DNS infrastructure, devices, and applications with features that include application health monitoring, a robust web application firewall, web access controls, TCP optimization, web acceleration, L7 DDoS protection, and broad SSL support, including SSL inspection and offload.

How has it helped my organization?

I installed F5 on the DMZ zone of the firewall. The traffic will come to the virtual server of the F5. F5 will decrypt the traffic and offload the traffic to the firewall as clear.
This way, we can mitigate many attacks from the F5 and from the firewall.

What is most valuable?

Protection of published website. When using ASM, we can have a layer 7 protection in order to prevent the website from attacks.

What needs improvement?

F5 should improve or develop the reporting tools further.
They should improve the management policies on the BOX.

Three to five years.

It's a stable product.

They have one box and you can implement many features with it like LTM, ASM, GTM. So it is scalable. And they have a virtual edition and an appliance edition.

Technical support is a seven out of 10. They provide quick solutions and they reply to us very fast.

Straightforward.

It's fair, it's not too expensive. Maybe just a little high.

What other advice do I have?

It's a good product to use. It has many features so can use it to secure your environment. I'm satisfied with the product.